Wednesday, April 27, 2016

X is for X-COUNTRY SKIING #AtoZChallenge

For this year's challenge, my theme is The Fun in Writing. Each of my 26 posts for April is aimed at
illustrating fun parts of an author's day. A writer doesn't only write.
Creating a story or an essay requires research, revision, editing, and lots and lots of coffee and chocolate.



X is for X-Country Skiing

Skiing is far more fun than writing business letters or editing incident reports. When I took up writing novels full time, finding the fun in writing extended to X-Country skiing to keep my muscles from atrophying over the computer keys. Of course, this activity continued for only as long as I stayed in Wisconsin. When I moved, my skiis stayed back, along with thermo-insulated jackets and underwear, padded gloves, ski caps, thick socks, and snowmobile pants. 

Finding snow on Hawaiian soil is a bit more of a challenge. I've seen it on mountaintops. But my favorite "snow" these days is Hawaii's much better version of snow cones: Shave Ice!


 
Passion Fruit Shave Ice
As you can see, this was taken during one of my "Flat Stanley" projects!
 
 
 
For those who would like to see photographs of real snow in the Islands: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.