Sunday, April 27, 2014

X is for Xploration With AleX AtoZChallenge

The theme of my 2014 A-to-Z Blog Challenge is BLUES, PUPUS, and REVIEWS.
Monday & Wednesday - REVIEWS: mini-style book reviews 

Alex J. Cavanaugh’s novel CassaFire, the second in his Sci-Fi Cassa series, is a story about exploration. His protagonist flies a shuttle for remote, deep space exploration. 
 
 
After reading CassaFire, I felt that Alex had shown exceptional insight into the exploration of the universe and into the development of relationships among co-explorers, and between romantic interests. 

My favorite genre is Mystery, and what could be more mysterious than outer space, the infinite galaxies; twinkling stars that have already expired; and exhaustive black holes. Excavating secrets presents an exciting plot line. In CassaFire, unlocking a secret could mean discovering a lost civilization, or a powerful weapon. 

CassaStar, the first in the series, and CassaStorm are both now on my TBR list. (My reading group book pick for May is The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov, so I'm really going Sci-Fi these days.)
 
You can visit Alex J. Cavanaugh’s Amazon Author page here:
or
Hop over to his blog site for the 2014 XYZ portion of Arlee Bird’s excellent (AtoZ Challenge) adventure:
 

7 comments:

  1. I love mysteries and sci-fi too. I hope you enjoy Alex's books as well as Asimov's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My genre is mystery, but will add sci-fi sometimes. In fact, I find myself reading more now. Your post is interesting and I'll definitely gover to Alex. Thanks a lot. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, thank you! What an awesome surprise. I appreciate you jumping into the science fiction arena to read my books. I think you will really enjoy CassaStorm. It also has a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, and nice summary of CassaFire. I've downloaded it and have not been able to make the time to read it during April, but am not looking forward to it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I haven't made it to you blog yet! Better late than never! I have CassaStorm on my TBR list as well and since I'm looking at having some reading time, it looks like I'll be reading it soon. Thanks for the brief synopsis and not giving any spoilers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, Gail,

    I haven't read Alex's book yet - maybe because I'm not a science geek, although I understand that I don't need to know a lot about sci-fi to enjoy it.


    J.L. Campbell writes at The Character Depot
    and the Jamaican Kid Lit Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Alex! I love stories about space, especially the ones that really make me feel like I'm there and that the future isn't all that far off!

    ReplyDelete

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.