Saturday, April 29, 2017

Z is for ZESTY LEMON WATER #AtoZ FOOD FOR THOUGHT

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
My daily #AtoZ posts combine two concepts in under-300-words per day:
an appealing food choice along with thoughts that spring to mind.
*** *** ***
 
Dehydration is a cause of many ailments in human beings. A percentage of people drink no water each day other than what is in their coffee or other liquid refreshments. Because so often the advice doled out is for people to drink six 8-ounce glasses of water each day, I decided to experiment with this number to see if I felt any different after a period of time.
 
Day one brought no discernable results as I couldn't remember to drink the allotted amount of water. I vowed to do better on subsequent days. After all, I needed the added energy to continue my quest to complete the #AtoZChallenge!

But it proved increasingly difficult to continue writing articles when I had to keep getting up after drinking so much water. I got plenty of exercise leaving and returning to my computer. Whether my ailments were from all that up and down action or mere age creeping up, the experiment revealed little useful information about offering relief.
 

 
 
Have you found that drinking six 8-ounce glasses of water each day is beneficial to your health?
 
***   ***   ***
 
Thank you to everyone who has visited my blogsite one or more times over the month of April. Congratulations for reaching another milestone by completing all the letters of the alphabet,
or as many as your busy lifestyle would allow.
 
 


19 comments:

  1. I drink perhaps 4 to 5 glasses. I don't bother to count them. There was a time several years ago when I also diligently tried the 6 glasses. I went around feeling bloated. So, to answer your question, no, I didn't feel better. I learned that, for myself, to drink as much or as little that I want is the way to go! :)

    Excellent post, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your option works best for me, also. Whatever feels right personally. Thanks for visiting today, Mae.

      Delete
  2. I tried the advice of drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water, and it didn't work for me. Then I tried 4 a day, feeling I could do that. But it's an inconvenience, really, to have to keep remembering "Go drink a glass of water". Now I drink two glasses for sure every day with my morning thyroid pill, and any more is random: in a restaurant, when I'm thirsty, etc. Do I notice a difference when I drink more water? Not really. I found your post a little reassuring along that line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting today, Elizabeth. My morning glass of water is taken for the same purpose!

      Delete
  3. That has been my problem with drinking so much water, too. My daughter does it, seems to have acclimated, but I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your approach is the most sensible, Debs, and the most likely to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually do feel better when I drink "enough" water, but I tend not to keep track of how much I drink, instead focusing more on how I feel. I also like to drink plain or flavored seltzer.

    Congrats on completing A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to drink a certain amount of liquid during the day, but whether it's iced tea or water doesn't seem to matter. And I think the eight glasses is overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!
    I wonder if this could be a cultural thing too. I studied for a month in Ireland when I was a kid and was hosted by a woman who always hosts students. She told me that she noticed Spanish and Italian people drink a lot more water than any other kids she had. In particular, she noticed we always drink water with our meals, which apparently no other kid do.
    I found it quite amusing.

    I know I'm very late, but congrats on finishing the challenge. I really enjoyed reading about Hawaiian food. It's not often that I get a chance to reading about this kind of food and I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the article may be useful for everything

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Asian

    ReplyDelete
  10. < href="https://almadinamisurata.ly/">افضل شركة تنظيف دهانات في ليبيا<\a>
    < href="https://almadinamisurata.ly/">شركة دهانات في ليبيا<\a>

    ReplyDelete

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.