Wednesday, July 17, 2024

WWW Wednesday #AmReading

 


Today I’m participating in WWW Wednesdays, at Taking on a World of Words.  Here’s how it works:

The Three Ws are:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next, and/or what are you eagerly awaiting?

WWW Wednesday, 17-July-2024 | Taking On a World of Words (wordpress.com)

*****

Currently I am reading Vixen 03 by Clive Cussler. Last year I decided to start reading more series books so I wouldn't always be wondering what my next read would be. Mr. Cussler's long list of novels and action-packed plots are a perfect addition to my reading list. I don't often write book reviews but when an interesting remark or topic item within the plot catches my eye, as happened with this story, it compels me to write a short essay to post on my blog (which will appear in August.)

Recently, I read The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin, a book club choice. I haven't been reading many literary novels, but this one is definitely my favorite of the year. Along with the entertainment factor, it also offers excellent suggestions for future reading.

Next on my reading list is Wolf Pack by C.J. Box, another series author who has made my reading experience a pleasurable pastime.  Another amazing author, Randy Wayne White, will follow with Black Widow.


What's on your reading list?

*****

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurel. This is my first WWW, and you are my first visitor for WWW Wednesday!

      Delete
  2. Wolf Pack sounds interesting. I'm attracted to that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, covers do have an influence on readers. I was worried that the Joe Pickett stories would start to get boring. Boy, was I wrong!

      Delete
    2. This is definitely one of his best stories.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to WWW Wednesday. I’ve read a lot of Clive Cussl’s books and they are always entertaining. Hope you enjoy all of your reading this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes. Clive Cussler's books are entertaining and even give me ideas for future blog posts. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry gave me an idea for a short story which sort of wrote itself. Reading and Writing do go hand in hand.

      Delete
    2. Joanne Portobello Book Blog
      https://portobellobookblog.com/?s=WWW+Wednesday

      Delete
  4. This is great! I found all 3 available on Libby. I borrowed them and downloaded to my Kindle. I've been looking for reading material and always like to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Karen, you have a great week-end of reading ahead of you. I had to pry Wolf Pack out of my hand this morning to mop the floor! Reading is just so much more fun than cleaning.

      Delete
  5. Recent books read:
    * Century rain by Alastair Reynolds (great combination of late-1950s noir detective and high-tech space opera)
    * Juniper & Thorn : a novel by Ava Reid (powerful, dark retelling of the darkest of the Grimm's fairy tales, The Juniper Tree)

    Currently reading:
    The Ship of Ishtar by Abraham Merritt (classic fantasy first published in 1924)

    Next read:
    A. S. Byatt's Ragnarok: The End of the Gods (for our next book discussion group meeting)

    Outside of that, I have 8 books to pick up at the library and 5 more on request that are in transit. Plus a bunch more ebooks I got from Gutenberg.org.

    I have a list of books to read in my To Do list app. It used to have 277 on the list. I've been going through the list, updating it with "DONE" or "Not interested anymore". So it's down to 127 now.

    Then, in addition to all that, we're going through the 3000+ books we have on our shelves. Read this? Sell this? Etc, etc. We've already put together about 3 bags of books to sell...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to part with books even if there isn't time to read all of them or re-read some of them. Century Rain sounds like something I will enjoy reading. Also noticed you didn't even list the count!ess, myriad ebooks, David. So many books, so little time!

      Delete
    2. Hmm. I have 569 in the eBooks folder on my computer. Those are books not locked into Amazon's DRM. I don't remember how many Amazon books I have.

      Oh, and there are some other non-DRM books on the tablet. I don't remember how many might be there.

      Delete

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.