Friday, June 28, 2024

Middle-of-the-Year Reading Resolution - From My #Bookshelf

Resolutions exploding like Fireworks!

Almost everyone compiles a list of resolutions, or thinks about making resolutions, at the start of each New Year. Then July rolls around, and with half the year gone, the list becomes more burden than incentive. My good-intentions list is no exception - other than for my "reading resolution" as recorded on my annual Goodreads Reading Challenge. 

A reading list keeps me focused. But personal, recommended book suggestions are always welcome and often a pleasant surprise.  

Hawaii Fiction Writers group meets monthly at the Aina Haina Library on the island of O'ahu. Recently the library extended an invitation to local writer, G.T. London, to speak about her writing and a recently published sequel to her novel, Second Chances and Then Some

G.T. London spent years living in England, working as a business and leadership coach, consultant, and trainer in the UK and Canada. She also served as a guest lecturer for MBA students before becoming a full-time writer and moving with her husband to live in Hawaii.

I quickly read G.T. London's first novel before the meeting and commented in my book review: 

The intrigue of a mystery and a heavy undercurrent of possible romance held my interest throughout the novel. Strong character development and a satisfying denouement deserve top stars.

*****

**I am eager to read the author's second novel, Eight Weeks Later, because it is set in Hawaii and has a genealogical mystery in its plotline . . . so stay tuned for future comments!**

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.