Friday, September 15, 2023

Author Arti Jain's "and all the SEASONS in between" - Book Review

Every so often a book comes along that leaves you with a smile and a feeling of peace. One such book for me is "and all the SEASONS in between" by Arti Jain. She has written a remarkable fairy-like tale woven through with delightful childhood memories.


A novel for all ages, toddlers to the ageless young-of-heart, this is an uplifting narrative of sunny days in India spent under the tutelage of loving grandparents and an uninhibited imagination. Every sentence and phrase is exceptionally well-written prose, which at times feels almost poetic in style.

Artemis, a young girl living in a valley surrounded by hills and Himalayan mountains, divides her days between a fairy world of imagination and real life with a loving family. In an early scene, she spends time with her grandfather, Papaji: "I planted myself on the cool soil next to him; my face turned up towards the lush vines watching the sun dabble with its leaves -- a dapple of bright here, a dash of dark there." Each setting is made vivid with unique descriptions, whether referring to dragonflies or radishes or yoghurt baths.

What has me most enamored of the book, along with the pleasing book cover and writing style, is Arti's reading of the final chapter, "He carried dirt under his fingernails".

*** 

Visit Arti at her web site: My Ordinary Moments (artismoments.blogspot.com)

Check out her book at Amazon.com in ebook and paperback formats.

Listen to Arti's reading from the book: He Carried Dirt Under His Fingernails | Arti Jain | English Spoken Word - Bing video

*****


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, this sounds wonderful. Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Valerie. Arti's reading is amazing, also. Hope you enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a remarkable fairy-like tale woven through with delightful childhood memories" totally sounds like my cup of tea!

    Happy Weds, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, Veronica, and a great way to relax - with a good book and a fresh cup of tea! These dayss sure do fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover certainly draws one in. It sounds lovely Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Keith, I agree. The cover continues to draw my attention. I try not to let a cover influence my reading choices, but this one has an unusual magnetism to it,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Thank you Gail. What a stunning surprise!

    I logged on after a few days and look what I found. Thank you for writing such a lovely review.

    I'm so glad your found 'And all the Seasons in between' lovable:)

    I'll be doing a celebratory jig after posting this comment.

    Big hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Arti. Congratulations on publishing this inspiring story and best of success to you in all your many ventures. You are an amazing author. Sending lots of Aloha to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love beautiful imagery. The book is on my TBR list for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.