Friday, May 6, 2011

Typalyzer for Blog

Before the April A to Z blog challenge, I vistied Joanna Campbell Slan's blog and read her 4-1-09  post about analyzing blogs.

She analyzed all the blogs she participates in with the Blog Typeanalyzer (Blog Typeanalyzer) which uses concepts from the Myers-Briggs personality test to analyze the writing style in a blog. The concept is that the writing style reflects the persona used by the blogger in writing the posts.

The analysis indicates that the author of http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com (that's me!) is of the type:

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment and are highly skilled at seeing and fixing what needs to be fixed. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.

Check out the April 13, 2009 post at Joanna's blog:
http://joannaslan.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-type-is-your-blog.html

and take the test for yourself:
http://www.typealyzer.com

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. I took the typealyzer test and I'm a Mechanic type too. Maybe I need to inject some more emotion into my posts.

    mood
    Chapter One Analysis: Hunger Games

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! Thank you for showing me this. I'm a "Performer" type, apparently, with emphasis on feelings and senses and pleasure! Very happy with that, and pretty accurate, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took it. The results were ESFP The Performers. I never considered myself entertaining..the friendly bit is for true though.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really neat. What a cool way of analyzing writing in general too. ;)

    I'm following.
    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! I'm going to try it. I lean to the introvert side and intuitive on the M-B test. Can't remember the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ESFP
    And I really like the analysis summary. Interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you all enjoyed taking the test. It's fun to be analysed and then try to pinpoint what about us fits into a suggested category.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.