Friday, August 31, 2012

The Next Big Thing: Mission Accomplished

Here’s the plan:
***Answer the following ten questions about a current WIP (Work In Progress).
***Tag five other writers and link their blogs so we can all hop over and read their answers. It’s that simple.

My plan was to answer one question per week with the best intentions of having my novel published by the time I posted the final question. It was necessary to miss a couple of questions to complete the editing, format the manuscript, and upload everything in ebook format to Kindle, but I am pleased to say that on Tuesday, August 28:
 
Mission Accomplished! 

Here is Question #10 of The Next Big Thing:

TNBT: Can you tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book?

GAIL: From the book synopsis: By the time she figures out what her cousin's missing high-top pink sneaker has to do with a letter written by a fifteen-year-old nun in Paris, the loaded revolver is cocked and aimed at Pepper’s heart. 

DEADLY AS NATURE


Available at Amazon.com https://amzn.to/2zA5Y2m


 (A Pepper Bibeau Mystery)
 
And now, 15 awesome writers whose novels are up next - in alphabetical, not reading, order - on my TBR Kindle list - authors whose work you want to watch (and follow on Twitter):


 1. Adam Sydney - My Heart is a Drummer @AdamSydney1

 2. Ann Charles - Optical Delusions in Deadwood (Deadwood Mystery) @AnnWCharles

 3. Cristyn West - Plain Jane: Brunettes Beware (Police Procedural) @craftycmc

 4. Darcia Helle - No Justice (A Michael Sykora Novel) @DarciaHelle

 5. D.A. Graystone - Two Graves (A Kesley City Homicide Novel) @dagraystone

 6. Derek Blass - Allegiance, a Thriller @DerekBlass

 7. Faith Mortimer - The Bamboo Mirror (Short mystery stories) @FaithMortimer

 8. Gary F. Vanucci - Wothlondia Rising 3: Maturation Process (Fantasy) @AshenclawRealm

 9. Jerry Labriola M.D. - Murders at Brent Institute @PaulDArneau

10. John Betcher - The Covert Element - A James Becker Thriller @JohnBetcher

11. Kaye George - Shipwreck (Dark fantasy/horror short story) @KGeorgeMystery

12. Maria Savva - Coincidences (Following Your Dreams) @Maria_Savva

13. Michele Drier - SNAP - New Talent (The Kandesky Vampire Chronicles) @MicheleDrier

14. Rachel Thompson - The Mancode: Exposed @RachelintheOC

15. Stacy Juba - Teddy Bear Town Children’s e-book Bundle @stacyjuba


Full set of questions for The Next Big Thing Interview: 

What is the working title of your book?
Where did the idea come from for the book?
What genre does your book fall under?
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

 

11 comments:

  1. I love the teaser, Gail! Definitely piqued my interest!

    Thanks for including me on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think of Shipwreck, Gail. Thanks for putting it on your TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting me know, Darcia; and you're welcome.

    Kaye, I will let you know about Shipwreck; and you are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink sneakers and a 15-yr old nun sound intriguing.

    Congratulations on your new book. I'll be adding it to my TBR list.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darcia just tagged me for this post, so I'm in! I like your idea of answering one question per week with the hope of having the WIP finished by the 10th week. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking up the challenge, Darcia!

    Alison, appreciate your adding my book to your TBR list!

    Jennifer, using the questions as an incentive to get my novel published by a given date (my brother Bobby's birthday) worked! My brother was killed by a drunk driver in 1955. A theme of the novel is alcohol abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaye, I read Shipwrecked, hadn't read the Kindle description and found it was a very quick read. It could make a high-concept novel. Had to buy Smoke: An Imogene Duckworthy mystery and am reading that now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Gail! I haven't ever considered writing a horror/dark fantasy novel, but the shorts are fun. Hope you like Smoke. Broke is coming soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The review is up at Amz kindle and Goodreads for Smoke :) The story surprised me and made me laugh! Both good things.

    ReplyDelete

Aloha and thank you for visiting today! Feel free to tweet or share any posts of interest.